Monday 15 June 2009

Relax!

Having to have my photograph taken on a regular basis, I know how difficult it can be to feel and look natural when you are having your photograph taken. I am focusing on sharing some tips that I have picked up along the way, to help you if you are having a professional shot taken, or simply a holiday snapshot taken. I have shared my advice on not talking, it may seen obvious, but it is amazing the number of people who start to say” I hate having my photo taken…” or something along those lines and then wonder why they have there mouth open or their eyes shut in the final shot. Positioning is tricky, because you don’t always have that much control of where the photographer is, just be aware of trying to have the camera slightly above you. It is generally more flattering and helps reduce the possibility of a double chin.
To add to the tips today remember to relax! Relax your face muscles. Just before the shot is taken blow out your cheeks, let the air out and then rest your tongue behind your teeth. Don’t worry about looking silly; the end result is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. ...I've been practising blowing my cheeks out, releasing the air and putting my tongue behind my teeth - difficult, but feel sure I will master this for future 'pics'...Thanks, Lisa. Lots of Love, Linda (Clark)

    ReplyDelete